Motivated, talented, and interested in joining forces? We are currently seeking résumés to fill our Junior Marketing Associate position. Read more below!
Junior Marketing Associate
Let’s grow together; this is an entry-level position that will help expand your knowledge of best practices for marketing, web development, and graphic design. As a Junior Marketing Associate at Starry Eyes, you will be responsible for sourcing new avenues of sales, throwing in on marketing research projects, managing search engine optimization efforts, taking charge of our brand’s social media, and helping with light graphic/web design tasks. Sound like fun?
Oh, did we mention we have a pretty cool and progressive company culture and are located in the most happening and growing area in southern WV? You can clock out at 3 pm and walk down to the brewery (Sophisticated Hound), go shopping at the book store (Hatter’s Bookshop), and go unleash your creative side at with ceramics and canvas painting (Artistic Adventures).
IMPORTANT TO READ
Starry Eyes Media is only accepting applicants that visit the link below and fill out the entire application. Access to a computer is important for this application because most will find it difficult to use their cell phone when attempting to locate/upload their resumes and when trying to complete the exercises requiring spreadsheet software.
- Developing and executing internal and external/client sales strategies and campaigns
- Assisting with marketing research
- Finding new project opportunities, including proposal development for potential clients
- Managing, optimizing, and reporting of campaigns
- Managing social media marketing for a few brands, including Starry Eyes Media
- Content writing and editing for the Starry Eyes Media brand
- Managing and executing social listening strategies to identify new business opportunities
- Building and employing Search Engine Optimization skills
- Assisting with planning and revisions for client projects, including light graphic design and web design
- Assisting with web management
- Assisting with vendor coordination on an as-needed basis
- Assisting with light account management, and client coordination.
- Additional responsibilities may be required, as the Studio Manager sees fit.
- High School Diploma or GED required – no exceptions.
- 1 year or more experience with graphic design. Degree not required, but preferred. Portfolio submission required.
- Experience with website design preferred but not required.
- Experience with digital marketing, including but not limited to Facebook Ads, Twitter Ads, Instagram Ads, Google AdWords preferred.
- Proficient grammar skills are an absolute must.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products – including but not limited to Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud 2019 products – including but not limited to Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Photoshop.
- Problem solving skills and the ability to adapt to new technologies.
- The ability to work quickly within set deadlines and scheduling.
- Extreme attention to detail is an absolute must. Sloppy designers need not apply.
- The ability of accept constructive criticism and improve work as needed.
- Must be a team player who enjoys a fast-paced, fun environment.
- Job Type: Part Time, 30 hours or less per week
- Shift: 8:00 AM – 3:00 PM, Monday – Friday with a one-hour lunch break
- $10 – $12 an hour based on skill set, with pay raise and promotion dependent upon results of a 90-day evaluation
- Weekends off
- Paid Holidays
- Flexibility with Schedule
- Free Spotify Account for Employees
Why Work With Us?
Starry Eyes Media is a creative agency, located in Princeton, WV, that works with businesses and organizations to develop and refine their brand and marketing strategy. We’re a fast-growing and progressive, innovative team of millennials with our eyes on the stars. We take our work seriously, but we’re always looking for ways to have fun. Not only that – but we greatly value all the input we receive from each team member.
We get to do work that we’re passionate about. Here are some of the other benefits of working with Starry Eyes Media:
- Fun Office Events and Laid-Back Style
- Opportunities to attend events
- An open workspace that promotes collaboration and team learning
About Starry Eyes Media:
Since 2015, Starry Eyes Media has worked their way up the chain. What began as a home business has grown into a business that has a reputation for high-quality graphic design, website development, and marketing with a quick turn around times.
Looking For A Creative Career?
We love meeting other creative individuals and getting to see their work. We’re not currently hiring for a design position, but we are always building a network of trusted freelancers.