Starry Eyes Media is a branding and creative agency, located in Princeton, WV, that works with a variety of businesses and organizations to develop their marketing efforts and help them reach their target audiences. We are currently seeking motivated self-starters enrolled in marketing programs who are looking to broaden their knowledge of marketing and business practices within real-world applications.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
As a Marketing Intern at Starry Eyes Media, you’ll learn first-hand about sourcing RFP’s (request for proposal), assembling and submitting proposals, performing local market research. Additionally, you’ll get experience with developing creative and unique methods of outreach, contacting leads, personal selling, leading meetings, and experiential marketing. Here’s a concise list of the duties you’ll be handling as a Marketing Intern at Starry Eyes Media:
- Sourcing and responding to request for proposals (RFP’s)
- Assembling, proofing, and submitting proposals
- Researching potential clients and managing the sales funnel
- Maximizing Customer Lifetime Value
- Managing cold outreach and personal selling
- Arranging and leading proposal meetings with potential clients
- Sourcing B2B vendor events and other relevant business events
- Account management for assigned clientele
- Social Listening
- Participating in marketing strategy meetings
We’re looking for self-starters who strive for excellence in their academic studies and thrive in fast-paced business environments. Here’s a list of required qualifications for the Marketing Internship program:
- Current college/university studies in marketing
- Self-starter personality
- Excellent public speaking skills
- Proficient grammar skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Ability to adapt to new technologies
- Ability to work quickly within a deadline
- Extreme attention to detail
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products
- Ability to accept constructive criticism
- Ability to work as a team player in a fast-paced, fun environment.
As a Marketing Intern, you will be assisting Starry Eyes Media with our continued growth while being paid to broaden your skillset. As such, this role will require you to master the knowledge of our offerings and follow the guidelines set forth in our brand positioning in order to clearly and consistently communicate the services and products that we offer.
MORE THAN A LEARNING EXPERIENCE
Since 2015, Starry Eyes Media has grown from an at-home business created with no-startup capital into a marketing agency with a reputation for a quick turnaround on high-quality branding, advertising, and website development services.
Joining a small and growing team means there is a huge opportunity for advancement. We value our team members and promote an inclusive company culture that is progressive and composed of innovative millennials. We do not believe in sourcing free labor, so we pay our interns above the federal minimum wage level.
PAID INTERNSHIP – Aside from being a paid internship, those wanting to continue being apart of our team post-internship will possibly be able to advance quickly within Starry Eyes Media. Possibilities of advance include a fast-track promotion path to Marketing Coordinator or Business Development Manager. The successful fulfillment of the outlined responsibilities and duties will be key in determining the intern’s retention and advancement.
FLEXIBLE SCHEDULING – Your Schedule will be flexible so you can better balance your academic schedule and personal life. Our studio is currently open Monday through Friday, from 8 AM to 4 PM.
A FUN CULTURE – We get to do work that we’re passionate about, and if you enjoy the world of marketing and advertising you’ll enjoy working with us. We take our work seriously and position ourselves as a professional agency, but we’re always looking for ways to have fun and foster our team’s creativity. Each team member’s input is valued, and everyone gets a seat at the table during company planning.
BENEFITS & PERKS
Job-type: Part-Time (Paid) Internship
Period: 26 Weeks / 800 Hours (approximate)
Weekly Hours: 25 hours (approximate/flexible)
- $9 – $10/hour
- Weekends off
- Flexibility with Schedule
- A chance for fast track promotion
- Fun office events and external events
- Relaxed business-casual atmosphere
- An inclusive company culture
- An environment that promotes personal development
- Hard work and results are recognized and rewarded