About Starry Eyes
Starry Eyes is a branding and web agency nestled within the luscious mountains of the Appalachians. We fuse our collective style and creativity with functionality and purpose to create bold brands and promotional tools. We specialize in conveying layers of information and visuals into sleek and stylish messages that connect with audiences.
We work best with clients who are organized, ready to make waves, and passionate about their craft. Our approach is pragmatic, personalized, and thoughtful. Our process emphasizes research, brand consistency, and style. Our core services include:
- Web Development
- Print Design
What We Do
We’re brand developers, experienced designers, and at our core, we’re creators of things. Our approach is pragmatic, personalized, and thoughtful, with an emphasis on style and consistency. We love each project’s unique challenge of balancing goals with the blending of information and style.
Who We Serve
We work best with passionate clients who are organized and ready to make waves. We avoid working with clients prescribing to the methodology of “last-minute marketing,” a dubious management method we dubbed a few years back. We’ve learned from experience not to work with clients who aren’t a good fit, such as those who are unorganized and unpassionate about their craft.
Nonprofits – While we originally began helping smaller local businesses, we have since grown to know the joy that comes from assisting nonprofits. We also have experience with assisting government agencies, such as the State of West Virginia. We are happy to offer a 25% discount on most of our services to startup nonprofits that support progressive causes.
Where We Create
We love bragging about our community and telling others about all of the wonderful things going on within it. We’re proud to be connected with the Mercer Street Grassroots District, Southern-WV’s most happening strip, currently enjoying a local business renaissance.
It’s no secret that West Virginia faces a variety of socioeconomic challenges, but communities like ours serve as proof that change can happen. If you’re not from WV, we invite you to visit our studio to meet our team of professionals. We do suggest, however, that you make plans to spend your entire day and evening in our community to enjoy the food, drinks, and fun.
Where We Began
Starting on your living room sofa isn’t as simple as it sounds. Starry Eyes was founded in 2015 as a home-based business, founded by two star-crossed lovers who knew their skills would help local businesses providing them professional design and marketing services. For us, growing involved a lot of sleepless nights, gallons of coffee, and facing the unknown. Since then, we’ve grown into a diverse team featuring a variety of individuals from various walks of life. The collective result is a mixture of viewpoints, perspectives, styles, and strengths giving us a unique edge in delivering bold and daring branding and creative services.
Digital Media Manager
To empower innovators and champions of ideas by crafting compelling brands, strategies, and promotional tools that connect them to their audiences.
We aspire to become a creative agency that contributes to positive change in the Appalachians and the world through the use of our art, capabilities, and resources.
Our Core Values
- Fulfilling Our Promises: We serve passionate innovators and champions of ideas who trust us to help them craft essential marketing tools that are intimately woven into their organizations. Their trust is something we earn and caringly maintain.
- Maintaining An Inclusive Culture: We are a collective of progressive individuals and fun professionals welcoming all types of people from all walks of life to join us.
- Creative Expression And Standards: Each project is another opportunity to showcase our creativity and the pride we take in our work.
- Being A Better Business: Through our creative and expressive endeavors, our goal is to contribute to the happiness of humanity by connecting people with useful products and services.
- Equality As A Standard: Humans shouldn’t be paid based on their gender or color of their skin. We also believe that both parents should have an equal chance to take time off for the birth or adoption of their child.
- Fair Pay: The federal minimum wage has not kept up with inflation. Everyone deserves a living wage and a fair wage. As we grow, our team members’ salaries grow.
- The Garden In Which We Grow: We believe in our responsibility to our community and enjoy participating in projects that promote a better future for generations to come.
- Reducing Our Impact: We believe the environment is beautiful and finite, and human activities directly impact it. We are actively seeking ways to reduce our carbon footprint and promote recycling because climate change is a real danger to life on Earth.
Starry Eyes is a branding and creative agency nestled within the wild mountains of the Appalachians. Over the past five years, we have grown into a diverse team that features a variety of individuals from various walks of life. The collective result is a mixture of viewpoints, perspectives, styles, and strengths that give us a unique edge in delivering bold and daring branding and creative services. We’ve worked with a variety of small and medium-sized businesses, as well as nonprofits and state agencies such as the West Virginia Department of Arts, Culture & History.
As much as you might expect or even want a charming story about how our agency got its start, we won’t romanticize it. Starry Eyes began as a two-person venture, a partnership created out of necessity and the need to subsist in a struggling economy and impoverished region.
Cecelia and I lived in an old coal camp house built in the early 1900s. It was dilapidated, drafty, and beginning to fall apart, but the rent was free. There was no startup capital for Starry Eyes, aside from the $100 we scraped together to get our business license. Aside from our tenacity, we only had our creative skills and two MacBooks. In the face of adversity, we knew we could create better promotional tools for local businesses and market our skills. We had no idea how to run a business, let alone a creative agency that serves the needs of other businesses. Our foundation and lifeline quickly became our affinity for completing projects in a timely manner and our focus on clean, attractive design-work.
I’ll always be convinced that our commitment to quality and our craft sustained us because we quickly began making a name for ourselves and procuring contracts. We kept our bills paid and our clients happy. We obsessed over how we could refine our processes and better fulfill the services we offered. We swam, albeit against the current, and two years later we opened our first public studio and office space.
Since then, we have been growing our team, improving our approach, and further developing our perspective on our place within our microcosm. We don’t want to just exist as a profitable company, we want to make a difference. We believe in progressive change, and each step forward in growing our agency is an opportunity to take an active role in providing a better future for our team members, community, and world. If you would like to take part in our journey and let us help you with yours, please reach out to us today.
Creative Director at Starry Eyes Media